Resume Format for Freshers – Key Points You May Not Know
Constructing an impressive Resume is one of the biggest challenges in front of freshers. However, with the help of an all-inclusive guide this is not an impossible task. Instead of worrying about messy details, start with the very basics. Here are a few things that will help you to make the best Resume.
- From the very beginning, you should be clear about the nature and purpose of your Resume then only you will be able to determine the Resume format. Remember that the primary purpose of your Resume is to sell your qualifications and get you an interview call.
- The Resume format for freshers is that which has sections for different kind of information. These include the header identifying your name and contact, followed by the objective, then the education, projects/experience (if any), skills, and interest. You should make sure that whatever format you choose for your Resume must contain these sections. There can be slight changes according to the job applied.
- Freshers can also add other sections if any information is left to be covered by the above-mentioned sections.
- You can also choose from the single page or two-page Resume formats, but if you have extensive training or skills to focus on, then the two-page format will be the best Resume format for you.
Given below are points that must be included in Resume Format for Freshers -
This format is meant for the Resume format for those who have just stepped into their job hunting shoes and don’t have any kind of intricacies in their profile.
(In this section, you have to mention your career objective that should fit the requirements of the company as mentioned in their notification. Remember that this should not be very long. You can refer to some objective statement examples to find a suitable one for yourself.)
- Freshers should emphasize more on their grades, qualifications, and skills
- If you have knowhow of any software, which might be useful for the job, then this is the section to mention it.
- If you have undergone any training or posses any special skill then stating them in this section will grab the attention of the recruiter
(This section applies to those who hold some kind of corporate experience or internships or on the job training. If you do, then you should state the name of the company and the years and months, you served there.)
(Those who have some experience can mention their key responsibilities here in bulleted list. But freshers can list down the skills they have acquired while executing any assignment.)
(Whatever accomplishments you have made during your student or professional life goes under this section. If your work or skills have been recognized somewhere, then don’t forget to mention it here.)
Extra Curricular Activities
(Mention activities that reflect your personality and the activities that you participated in while you were a student.)
Interests or Hobbies
(You do mention your interests and hobbies in this section but you should be careful in choosing them, as these can be used to frame interview questions.)
Your date of birth, languages known, and nationality, and other personal information is included in this section.
The Resume format for freshers will have all these sections and some more accordingly. However, you should also pay attention to the formatting and layout of the Resume as then only you will be able to pick the Resume format. You can also use free Resume templates to find some of the Resume format and can use them to edit a striking Resume for yourself.